Window Stickers/Information Labels – English Translation
Ever wondered what some of those information labels and window stickers around the vehicle say? Here we have translated them into English to provide important information in addition to clarifying what some of the more obscure stickers mean.
CAR COATING STATEMENT – LOCATED ON REAR WINDSCREEN
Sticker state’s the special paint finish used on cars body which is Fluorocarbon Polymer Coating. It also recommends to contact the ‘store’ when the coating maintenance needed.
MOT WINDOW STICKER – LOCATED ON FRONT WINDSCREEN
MOT expire year and month. Example shows 2010 April 22 (year) April 4(month). 22 is for Japanese Traditional era, Heisei Period. 2014 is Heisei 26) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
INSPECTION WINDSCREEN STICKER – LOCATED ON FRONT WINDSCREEN
If you have one of these, this is “shaken”, which is kind of a combination of inspection and minimal, mandatory liability insurance. A new car shaken lasts three years. After that you could get one more three year shaken. After the car is 6 years old, you had to get 2 year shaken’s until the car was 10 years old. After 10 yrs, a new shaken was required every year. A 2 year shaken cost between $800-1500, depending on what the “inspector” decided. Shaken costs could include new brakes, exhaust, etc.are Japanese Ministry of Transportation inspection stickers.
Vehicles in Japan are required to have their vehicles pass a rigorous inspection and repair procedure on a regular basis. This sticker indicates that the last inspection was done in April (4). The 17 indicates Heisei 17, which is the 17th year of the current emperor (1998).
PARKING WINDSCREEN STICKER – LOCATED ON REAR WINDSCREEN
This is a Parking Certificate which is actually issued by the local police. The pictures shows Certificate No 040026930. In Hyogo pref. Kobe city and issues by Higashinada Chief Constable.
TYRE PRESSURE/SERVICE INTERVAL STICKER – LOCATION
TYRE PRESSURE (TOP LABEL)
Tyre pressure (( ) High Speed)kg/cm2
Tyre size Front-wheel Rear-wheel
155SR12 2.2(2.2) 2.2(2.2)
165/70R12 77H 2.0(2.0) 2.0(2.0)
SERVICE INTERVAL STICKER (BOTTOM LABEL)
Next Exchanges are…
Engine Oil 6 months or 60000km
Oil Element 12 months or 65000km
This time 2nd April 2008
At 55117 km, 30 litres exchange
Hyoshin Automobile Limited Company
The date shows 20(year) 4(month) 2(day), “20” is the Japanese traditional era, Heisei Period. The name of era is changed every time our emperor passed away.
SUN VISOR INFORMATION PANEL 1 – LOCATED ON DRIVERS SIDE
This car is attached car fumes clean equipment, please read the instructions and the followings are some important points.
- When warming up, 30 seconds after starting engine and foot down the accelerator lightly. Then take your foot off the accelerator to reduce the number of the engine rotation.
- If warning lights (EXH TEMP ///) are lit during driving, please park a secure place without inflammables such as dry grass and then stop the engine (appr. 10 mins)
When the engine idling during parking and the warning light are lit, take your foot off the accelerator to reduce the number of the engine rotation.
- After that, drive the nearest garage at below 50km/h and then the vehicle to be checked
Refer ‘the maintenance book’ and ‘the instructions’
- Check and maintain the below before driving
- Brake pedal condition
- Liquid measure for brake reserve tank
- Handbrake (pedal) reserve
- Tyre inflation pressure, crack and damage
- Amount of lubrication oil, petrol, coolant and a leak of the coolant
- Fan belt condition
- Stain and damage of lighting system and indicator
- Stain, damage and attachment state of reflector and number plate
- Driving mirror condition
- Problems on previous day
- Be sure to do periodic inspection referring to ‘inspection and maintenance method’ described on ‘the inspection book
- Always have “the inspection book” in the vehicle. When an inspection is done, record the contents on ’periodic inspection records’. Please keep it in safe place.
SUN VISOR INFORMATION PANEL 2 – LOCATED ON DRIVERS SIDE
Convertible (Top) Use precautions
- Please fasten driver and other passengers seatbelt while vehicle is moving
- Please do not let other passengers stand when vehicle is moving. Please be careful when children are on board
- Please keep your belongings to not be blown off when vehicle is moving.
- Caution with opening and shutting the top when other passengers are on board
- When you open the top, be sure to fix the link with the band and close the top storage lid.
- Do not carry out the top fixing rock (right and left in the front) operation when vehicle is moving.
- When you close the top, pull down the top with the handle in central front and make sure to fix it with rock handle in front (right and left).
- Read the instruction carefully and operate after understanding it.