Club SponsorsAdvertise with us
Preparing the Sold Paperwork
Once you’ve sealed the deal, you’ll need to write a receipt acknowledging the following information:
- The date
- The amount paid
- The make and model of car sold
- The car’s registration
- The names and addresses of buyer and seller
Make two copies of the receipt; one for you and one for the buyer. The most important thing for you to do next is to fill out the tear-off portion of your car’s registration document (its V5C) and send it off to the DVLA; give the top part of the V5C to the new owner. Telling the DVLA that the car has a new owner means you won’t be liable for any fines racked up after the sale.
Finish off by handing over any other useful documentation such as:
- The car’s handbook and service records
- The MOT certificate (if it’s over three years old)
- Any paperwork that relates to the car’s warranty, if it still has one
- Inform your insurance company and return the tax disc to the DVLA for a refund (unless it’s part of the deal).
Sell your Figaro on Figaro Trader – Sell Now